Monday, March 21, 2011

A Break from the Headaches

A week or so ago I began to get the feeling that I needed to take a break from this blog.  I felt an impulse to do something that went in a bit of a different direction from all these crazy theories and ideas.  Lately, I've been feeling a slight staleness creep in and my interest has been slipping a little.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm sick of doing this.  I'm just saying that I need to take a break before it gets to that point.  If my heart's not into it, then I'm not going to be putting out any kind of quality material.  I won't be doing you guys any favor if I force myself to keep going.  Luckily, I know myself well enough at this point in my life to know that this disenchantment is just a passing phase.  My interest in things goes in cycles and seasons, and when the cycle comes back around I'll return with a fresh enthusiasm for this material.

Meanwhile, I'm not planning to take a break from blogging.  In fact, I've started up a new blog that I plan to work on while I'm on a break from this one.  As I said, I've had an impulse to do something different.  This new blog will be a bit more personal, less about my ideas and interests and more about my life.  I hope that my regular readers here will at least check it out at www.notesowl.blogspot.com  If it's not your cup of tea, I understand.  You can consider yourself well rid of me for a couple of months.  I just hope you'll still be here when I come back, and we can get into more confusing craziness and mushroom cloud migraines.  Consider this, like, the end of season one or something.  I've only scratched the tip of the iceberg.  There's still plenty of stuff to get into.    

16 comments:

  1. I don't know how much more of your inspiration I can take, Bryan! Am just composing a post partly inspired by your ideas of intelligent life out there in deep space ...

    But now I have to take a peep at the Life of Bryan, to see if it resembles Monty Python's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't think anyone has ever mistaken me for Jesus; although I have been mistaken for a certain washed-up country singer a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not be the messiah, but for some of us, you are close enough. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, comparison to JC. Enjoy the take on being Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to look on the bright side of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw...I'm going to miss this blog while it's on hiatus. I always feel like I learn something worth learning. We'll still be here when you decide to share more of your knowledge and curiosities with us. I have no problem reading personal blogs, either. I think that's the category mine falls under, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Hiatus" I always liked that word. It sounds like someone leaving to meditate in the jungle or something.

    As for the other blog, hopefully I'll keep it interesting and worth your while. Look forward to seeing you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bryan I think your stuff is only going to get better with the new blog. More personal is good! reading a side of you and getting a world view the way only you can see it is going to be quite interesting. I had to do the same thing i was writing about pain and healing and then one day I woke up and the pain was gone. The readers liked the pain stuff and when I stated writing some happy things they were disappointed. I think thy like the Deanne that was living the pain or something. Now I want to write about all the BS in the government and secret societies and conspiracy theories. Which have more truth than the BS we see in the media.

    I have to start a new blog too. My readers aren't going to like my new passion of unlocking the secrets of the inner workings of the BS we call our government! I liked your first post and what ever you write is going to stir something in us and make us think so I am in on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna have to check out this new blog. I'm fascinated by stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, now I am wondering how things would go if I started a new blog...then again, I am not sure if people like the current one or not to go and start anew with another disappointment. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God, I can only imagine which side you haven't shown us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll check it out. Neither of you blogs have disappointed me and I doubt this one will.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, right? How could you go wrong? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new logo is a bit startling, I must say. And somewhat alarming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You no like?

    I stumbled across it yesterday. It was a public domain image, and there for the taking. I couldn't pass it up. It was just too appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...