Thursday, December 30, 2010

Life is Good (I Guess)

Well, I was stumped trying to think of a good post to end the year with, and then Donna over at Refusing to Age Gracefully passed along this Life is Good Award:


What sort of unholiness has she signed me up for? Well, I guess I'm now under a contractual obligation under threat of death and dismemberment to:

1. First thank, and link back to the person who gave you the award.  (I'm sure my undying gratitude comes through clearly in the above sentiments.)
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award on to other bloggers that you hope to alienate.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen and tell them they're dying, and then say, "Just kidding...how do feel about answering questions?"

So, on to the questions:

1.  If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?  If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I actually do write another blog anonymously, it's called "How I'm Going to Kill My Neighbor in His Sleep."  It's details my plan to jimmy open the lock, creep quietly up the...oh, whoops!  Damn survey!  I hope my neighbor isn't reading this.

2. Describe an Incident that Shows Your Stubborn Side.

No.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I see a parallel universe that's exactly like ours but everything's backwards.  There's this bald guy that lives there and he keeps staring at me every time I'm in the bathroom.  What a creep.  

4. What's your favorite summer cold drink?

I like to relax on the deck of my million dollar yacht with an ice cold margarita while my three diamond studded flying ponies put on a live theater production of Forest Gump in the sky above me.   

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Oh, I just buy duct tape and rope and write on my anonymous blog.  You know, the usual stuff.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in Life?

I'd like to beat the Guinness Book's record for the largest beard of bees.
 
7. When you attended school were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I remember this one time we put Drano in the teacher's coffee.  Oh, we laughed and laughed.  His wife was a little upset at the funeral, but I'm sure she sees the humor in it now.  Those were good times.

8. If you close your eyes and visualize a poignant moment in your life, what do you see?

The only thing I ever see when I close my eyes is a clown cutting off the tip of his tongue with a razor blade while tiny demons dance around him laughing in the flames.  The only way I can find peace is to kill again.  I wonder if my neighbor's home yet.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing about other people and events?

I'm bearing my soul here.  What do you want from me, survey?  I give and I give, and it's never good enough for you!  I hate you, survey!  You've ruined my life!

10. If you had a choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

You know, it's funny you should ask.  I used to face this very choice every day, and it always left me paralyzed with indecision.  Then I heard about 1-800-Mmm-Book.  You call them up, and they read a book to you over the phone.  They've got Wuthering Heights, David Copperfield, all of the classics.  They're all read by this lady with a really breathy voice.  $9.99 a minute. 

So, there you go.  I should mention that I have a medical condition that renders me incapable of answering survey questions seriously.

I would like to pass this award on to:

I guess I'd like to inflict this on Scott @ Atypical Read.  Don't make me come looking for you.

Anyway, Happy New Year everybody.
See you on the other side.   

15 comments:

  1. Freakish. Since the last post did not go through all the way, let me try it again.

    Am I to copy this and past it with own thanks or do you have to send me something to fill out that I have to send back to you and wait ten business days to get my secret decoder ring? You're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guess is as good as mine. I just ended up rewriting the whole thing and referring back to her post from time to time. I tried copying and pasting, but it got a little tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something's screwy with the internet today. I think Skynet is taking over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would suggest referring back to Donna's link, by the way. My version is...ummm...modified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damnit, you actually did it. And here I was dreaming up methods for actual death and dismemberment. Way to ruin my holidays buddy.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did it honestly say to pass the award on to other bloggers you hoped to alienate, or was this one of those instances of taking creative liberties?

    Either way, I love your example of how stubborn you are. It made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. My little code thingy that I had to type said, "expest"...so does this mean I lose my right to pop in and annoy you every now and again with things aren't always necessarily relevant to what you blog about?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your survey answers they really made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chanel: Creative liberties abounded. As far as your P.S., it took me a minute to realize you were talking about the captcha code. I've had to type some mighty strange things to leave comments on blogs before, strange, unspeakable, horrible things. I'm no longer a whole person thanks to those captcha codes. *Shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure glad atypical Scott was here to take the bullet for the rest of us.... Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHA oh man too funny! Wait... you aren't my neighbor are you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must have missed this post during that time I failed to exist. Thanks for sending me the link to it. I haven't laughed this hard all day. Now does this mean I also missed the post where Scott actually did the survey?
    http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm afraid so. His post was also a little...something. I think that may have been when they decided to drop the questions. DOES THE CLICKING EVER END!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for getting me up to speed. It was defintely...something. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...