Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Aliens Who Already Walk Among Us

What I am about to tell you is shocking.  If you have small children then you might want them to leave the room.  Of course, then you'd have to come back here to read the rest of the post, and that would leave the little tike unattended.  There's a good chance that they could hurt themselves or start crying because you left them alone.  That would be a big distraction.  To be on the safe side you should probably wrap them up in duct-tape and shut them up in a closet until you're done reading this.  I wouldn't want them to be traumatized.

If you've seen the show Ancient Aliens on the History Channel, then you probably know by now that aliens built the Egyptian pyramids.  If you haven't seen Ancient Aliens, it's basically a show made by people who think Occam's Razor is something you use to cut up lines of coke as you spin more outrageous alien theories for you next episode.  They use aliens as a ready explanation for all the mysteries of archeology, as though they had an unlimited tube of the stuff.  Primitive stones cut with amazing precision?  Must have been aliens.  Hieroglyphic carvings found in darkened chambers?  They must have had alien light bulbs.  Impressive feats of engineering?  Here, let me squeeze a little alien on that.  There you go.  It may at first glance seem like the stupidest show ever put on TV, but Giorgio Tsoukalos (pictured on the right) passes the History Channel's "fringe theory/crazyman beard" test, so there must be some credibility to what he says.  Yep, that's pretty sane looking facial hair he's got there.  Nothing weird looking about that guy.

Okay, so I think we've pretty much established that aliens built the pyramids to everyone's satisfaction.  I mean, we've established it to everyone's satisfaction, not that the aliens built the pyramids to everyone's satisfaction, although we do seem pretty happy with them.  Thank you, aliens.  Anyway, while the aliens were hanging around, overseeing the construction of these pyramids that were having built so that they could...ummm...well, uhhhhh...so that they could...ohhhh...  Anyway, they probably had camps set up on the site, and maybe they even had their families with them.  And maybe, just maybe, they even brought some of their household pets with them.

Now, we also know that the legendary Egyptian gods were actually aliens.  I think I heard that on Ancient Aliens too, or maybe it was that Stargate movie.  Anyway, that's not important.  The point is that if the Egyptians considered the aliens to be gods, then it figures that they would consider the aliens' pets to be gods as well, or at least highly superior beings, objects of reverence in their own right.  So what would happen if some of these alien pets got loose and ran away, as pets are known to do?  And what if some of these pets were left behind after the aliens had departed?  And what if the Egyptians found some of these strays, and because of their reverence for them, decided to keep them as pets themselves instead of cooking them over a barbeque?

So this is what an alien looks like, right?



Okay, you ready for it?


Ready!?


BOOM!  I rest my case.

              

22 comments:

  1. Wasn't there some Cat movie back in the 70's with Natassja Kinski somethingorother that posited something about cats being aliens? Or was it witches? I really just remember glowing eyes. And all cats have glowing eyes, right?

    I actually tried to sit through an episode of that Ancient Aliens show in order to do some research for the novel I'm writing, and I couldn't do it. Every single thing about that show makes my skin crawl. And not in a good way. How does a channel called History get away with this sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look it up. Seems there was a movie called "Cat People" from 1982.

    Ancient Aliens is pretty awful. It's like, what world do these people live in where they think "aliens" is the most plausible explanation for these things? I remember the History Channel started this trend with specials like "Aliens in the Bible" where they basically took every crazy, supernatural thing in the Bible and said, "Maybe it was ALIENS who did it!! Hmm!? Think about it! Yeah."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't there an Egyptian Goddess named Bast who either was feline like or really liked cats? Had minions called Cat People or something? Wasn't that why the Egyptians worshiped cats?

    And it's not that I don't believe in aliens. I do. I just don't think that they have any interest in the lives of humans.

    As for precisely cut rocks...didn't that guy ever play with play dough as a kid? You had to make the blocks perfectly or the stupid houses would fall down! And he thinks ancient beings were too stupid to understand the concept without the help of extraterrestrial beings?

    PS. Sorry for the two deleted comments. I couldn't let the glaring errors remain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just figured that you called me an "asshole" then you came back and called me a "prick" and then you decided to come back and leave a civilized comment. Don't worry, I'll clean up after you ;D

    As for aliens not having an interest in the lives of human, that's pretty much my position on the subject. In fact, my 4th post here was about that very thing. These people never ask why aliens would want to come here. They just assume that this is the most important place in the universe and everyone's just dying to pay us a visit. It's an incredibly dumb, conceited, and ego-centric viewpoint.

    Appreciate your comments as always. You should come around more. ;D (Yes, you got the double winkie faces. I'm not sure if there's a prize for that or not.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason those asshats at the History Channel have decided to become the Weekly World News of cable television. Even though I am a certified alien nut myself, I can't watch that show without getting pissed off and picking holes in that ridiculous tripe. At least Erik Von Daniken attempted to make his story plausible. Well, it seemed plausible in grade school when I read it, anyway.

    "Here. See this thing? I'm personally too stupid to accomplish anything like this. Therefore aliens must have done it. Logical."

    Cats are aliens? Oh yeah. No doubt. Cats and redheads are not from this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you watch the recent South Park episode about Aliens at the first Thanksgiving? If not, why not? South Park is good entertainment. Anyway, the show mocked the History chanel mercilessly. Good stuff.

    I once read in a book by Robert Heinlein that Mark Twain said while most people may be decended from apes, redheads are decended from cats. I don't know if Twain really said that, and it would be too much work to research it, but if he DID say it, and since Twain was a genius, and if your theory about Alien pets is correct (and Scott called you a genius), then redheads are actually chock-full of alien DNA.

    This comment made sense in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rev: Weekly World News! I remember that. Bat boy scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Greatest paper ever ;)

    @Doug: Yeah, I saw the South Park episode. Funny stuff.

    Let's see now. You're speculating on the basis of a paraphrase of a quote from Heinlein who was quoting Mark Twain who was making a wide-crack. I'm convinced. Let's round up the redheads! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I called him a genius? Maybe I meant it like my mother meant it when she bought me a pair of jogging pants with Guinness on them and she thought it said genius. After all, I am a homophoneticsomethingoranother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't remember you calling me a genius either, but I wasn't going to spoil the moment by bringing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and speaking of typos, Twain should be making a "wise-crack" in my comment up there, not a "wide-crack", which would be something...different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack! hee hee hee.... wide crack...

    I'll tell you what. You guys round up all the redheads and I'll build an encampment to keep them safe.

    And if you never hear from me again, it's okay. I'll be.... busy. Guarding the camp. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering what a wide-crack was, but I was afraid of looking stupid in the presense of genius.

    Scott's reference to genius (of course, he calls himseld one, as well): thefarncside.blogspot.com/2011/09/scott-has-your-damn-dollar.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Rev: Guarding the redheads? Sounds like your retirement plan.

    @Doug: I assume it has something to do with anal probes, since we're talking about aliens here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm...encampments for redheads, cracks, anal probes? And you wonder why Chanel doesn't visit your site more often.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Denial is a perfectly normal response. In time you'll come to accept the truth. I have my cats wrapped up in tinfoil to break the signals from the mother ship. Now the long process of healing can begin, and I can talk to them and try to reach them and tell them, "We humans...we frrriiieeennndddss." It'll take time but we'll get there...together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Mouse: When you put it all together like that, it kind of sounds bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one of the reasons Chanel steadfastly refuses to leave Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Bryan,
    I have been off of the net for awhile now. I came back and went right for the headache. Of course I had to start with this one becuase I love alien shows and this one is my favorite.

    I love that guys crazy hair. I think the premise of his crazy hair is like Einstein. When you are that smart you can stop giving a shit about what your hair looks like. My friends and I actaully text each other while watching the show and chat about his ridiculous hair that has to be hiding aliens in there somewhere.

    I have to say I am one who believes in aliens and have been to the pyramids and many of the ancient sights they mention on the show and you do have to marvel at the structures and wonder how the hell the created these amazing, huge pieces with primitive tools. We can not do some of this stuff with modern equipment so it makes you wonder or at least me having climbed into the pyramids and many tombs and even Stone Henge gives you that sense of awe and wonder. I think that is exactly what Giorgio is going for with the hair! Awe and wonder...LOL

    Have you ever read the Mahabharata or any of the other books they reference. There are some compelling things in there that really do make sense in the context of what they are talking about. I particularly liked the show on our DNA which is a subject that intrigues me, but I don't ever remember reading anything in the dozens and dozens of books that speaks of cats but nice pictures you have there..I don't think "grays" as they loving refer to them on the show look anything like cats! LOL
    You always give me a good giggle with your posts.

    BTW. You have my email right as I am not on fb anymore. It's been over two months now and I think I am well on my way to recovery...LOL

    Happy New year,
    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. I drew those pics myself. Glad you like them ;D

    And yeah, I got your email. Missed seeing you around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Geez, you have my email and never even sent a note to see if I was still alive :( Thanks buddy! Good thing my pneumonia didn't kill me!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good post and Smart Blog
    Thanks for your good information and i hope to subscribe and visit my blog Ancient Egypt and more Khufu's Great Pyramid thanks again admin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...