Saturday, December 31, 2011

State of the Blog 2011

First of all, Happy New Year from everyone here at the nuclearheadache staff.  Of course, that staff is mostly just me.  So, I guess that means Happy New Year from me.

There are some benefits to running a one man operation.  I can make my own hours, set my own terms, and come and go as I please.  So, I suppose this is as good a time as any to announce that it's time for another break here.  I'm not sure how long.  It could be a month, or maybe more.  At the very least, I'll probably start posting on the Night Owl blog in the early spring.  The change in the weather always seems to put me in a sentimental mood.

In the meantime, I'm trying to work on some ideas for a Kindle series, something fictional, something serialized.  I'm open to suggestions.  Also, I'm sure I'll be kicking some nonsense up onto the FARNC from time to time.  And although I've neglected my Encyclopedia of Sheep for the past few months, I always hope to have some dreams to report over there.

So you won't be rid of me completely.  I'll still be around, reading everybody's blogs.  I just need to kick back for a while, go into a low power mode, amass my ideas and get my ducks in row.  Maybe I'll work on my metaphors a little.  I'd be a little more specific about time tables and such, but that's the point, I need to be a little unspecific for a while.  I need to relax.  Anyway, rest assured, one way or the other, in one capacity or another, I'll keep blogging and writing.  I can promise you that.

And finally, this blog topped 30,000 pageviews this morning!  Thank you slender man, wherever you are!   

16 comments:

  1. Sounds cool. Whatever you write, I'll try to follow along. I like seeing what's inside that brain of yours--not like Sylar on Heroes...oh, you understand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, this must be all my fault. Can't we go to together to see a marriage guidance counsellor, instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brent: I hope I understand.

    @Vincent: Naw, I knew there was another break on the horizon for a little while now; I just didn't know exactly when. I just need to rest up a bit, and take some time to work on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryan,
    Hope you have a happy and healthy 2012. Can't wait to see what that brain of yours cooks up next! Sometimes you leave me laughing; sometimes you leave me nodding in agreement; sometimes you leave me just scratching my head, and a few times, you've left me banging it on the desk! It's always a journey and a pleasure. Enjoy your break-you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a honeymoon, eh? (Grin, wink)

    Like everybody else, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    I'm sure it will be another spectacular year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the grin and the wink from here, even without being prompted.

    I'll do my best not to disappoint you guys. And like I said, you won't be rid of me completely. I'd never make it that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you announce your vacations. I just tend to disappear every now and again. Looking forward to the Night Owl, but I'll miss this place. Even though I haven't been commenting often, I've been reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of you working on a story series. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chanel: Reading is good. I'll work up a final exam for you to take later ;D

    @Rachel: I like the idea of it myself. I just have to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, well, well, what's this about? I come back after forever to find you breaking too? Pssht, is that fair? :) Seriously though, I've been doing the nostalgic thing the past few days, missing my blogs and such and the people who used to comment and read them. I've decided to go into "low power mode" as you put it, and post here and there and not drive myself crazy with my own expectations.

    Stopped at the Night Owl first and read something like this "But ultimately, it's always been about wanting to write something that will move people. There's that moment when a movie ends with a dramatic swelling of the soundtrack, or that last paragraph of a book that leaves a lump in your throat. I've always walked away from those experiences thinking, "I want to be able to do that." Beyond everything else, that's still my simple, basic goal." I've got two words for you.

    You do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'll be!! I feel like I've seen a ghost ;D

    And yeah, I feel a little bad for taking my break now, but I promise it won't be as long as all that, and I'll still be around, being too much of a nuisance for anyone to miss me.

    Now I have to pop in and see what you have to say for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 30K... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is interesting.... Colorful.

    I think I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Actually, it's pretty much a return to the old layout I used to have on here...with a few minor changes. I always liked this one. It has a more smooth, modern look to it. Fits the theme of the blog better, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background looks like someone trying to play musical notes on an EKG machine. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...